Astra Militarum Pictures

News and rumours about the next big things in the pipeline for 40K

Moderators: Kirby, Matt-Shadowlord

Astra Militarum Pictures

Postby Kirby » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Kirby

Re: Astra Militarum Pictures

Postby CoffeeGrunt » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:35 pm

I personally don't think these are Guard, per-se. Seem much more like the Infantry support a Knight would have, given the heraldry and design.
CoffeeGrunt

Postby Kirby » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:54 am

From Faeit

I can confirm the reports of Astra Tempestus and Militarum leaks inside. Full stat pages and lore for the Taurox, Taurox Prime and Scions. Scions are WS 3 BS 4 Str 3 To 3 with Hot-shot Lasguns and Carapace armor. They can upgrade a number of models to have Plasma Guns, Melta Guns or Overcharged Lasguns. May take a Taurox or Chimera as dedicated transport. There is also a Scion Command Squad, but I forget the difference, they have the option of taking the Taurox Prime as dedicated transport instead. Updated: Scions along with the Scion Command Squad can take a Taurox Prime as a dedicated transport.

Taurox is approx. the cost of a lone marine in a Rhino, 11 10 10 for armor and rerolls failed terrain rolls, comes mounted with an Autocannon and can hold 10 models. Taurox Prime is approx. 2 more marines in that rhino but comes with your choice of Taurox Missile Launcher, Battle Cannon or Gatling Cannon. Same armor and transport capacity as the regular model.

The battle cannon on the Taurox Prime is a 'Taurox Battle Cannon'. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but it is just Str 7 Ap4 Blast. It can be upgraded for the price of a sergeant to the Gatling Cannon which is Heavy 10 Str 4 AP - or a further sergeant to get the Missile Launcher which is your standard Heavy 2 Frag/Krak combo. The Prime also comes with a mounted Hotshot Volley Gun like the Scions can take which is TL Salvo 2/4 Str 4 Ap 3. Both the Taurox and Taurox prime have 2 additional firing points.

Scions also come with Deep Strike and Move Through Cover. 5 of them come in at the same cost as a 5 man marine tac squad, additional models are 1 Eldar Ranger each. The Scion command squad is the same cost as a 5 man Assault squad, can be upgraded with a Medic, Vox Caster and Banner. The Tempestor is Ldr 9 and all Tempestus squads within 18 inches can use his leadership for morale, pinning, etc. In addition, the Tempestor is considered a junior officer and can give 1 command as per current IG rules. Any command squad models not upgraded may replace their Hotshot Lasguns with Hotshot Volley Guns, Meltaguns or Plasma Guns.

And the Taurox Prime can be taken by regular Scions as well, I had made an error in the previous bit.
Kirby

Postby Sapper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:17 am

The Scion models look good, but so did the metal Kasrkins and these plastics are almost twice the price. The Shaggin' Wagon I can do without. The rules are pretty meh as well. I'm really worried about the rest of the codex now. A Taurox loses a weapon, a point of frontal armor, a bunch of firing points, and command vehicle and is only 5 points cheaper than the current Chimera. The Scions got a price cut, but are still the same price as space marines.
Sapper

Postby Kirby » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:56 pm

Kirby

Postby Matt-Shadowlord » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:10 pm

Thanks for posting the images.
So it's some sort of huge tonka truck with ride-on lawnmower stats and an autocannon blast and looks only a mother could love.

Of course they might sell-out anyway :D
Matt-Shadowlord

Postby CoffeeGrunt » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:27 pm

Is that...is that White Dwarf? Are those full rules...in White Dwarf?!
CoffeeGrunt

Postby Nurglitch » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:41 am

Hey, and Medi-packs for half-price!
Nurglitch

Postby Kirby » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:49 pm

via Dex in Alaska on Faeit 212
"Take Aim": Gives the ordered unit Precision Shot
"Smite At Will": Gives the ordered unit Split Fire
"First Rank Second Rank": Ordered unit gains an additional attack with lasguns and hot-shot lasguns
"Forwards for the Emperor" After shooting, ordered unit must run even if they can't normally
"Move, Move, Move" Ordered unit must run, roll dice and use the highest.
"Suppressive Fire" Ordered unit's weapons have the pinning rule
Kirby

Postby CoffeeGrunt » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:38 pm

Some nifty buffs, there. With AP3, Precision Shots could be nasty for picking out Heavy Weapons in a squad.
CoffeeGrunt

Next

Return to Warhammer 40,000 News & Rumors